Sunday, March 27, 2016

Thoughts on Anonymous

I'm not a big fan of Anonymous, but I have some friends who are.  I liked what they did back in the day with the Church of Scientology, but sometimes I disagree with what they involve themselves in.  The Steubenville issue was one.  I don't believe in vigilantism, but it seems to be a growing fad.  The reason I disagree with it is because too often innocent people are swept and condemned as guilty.  In the Steubenville issue, I didn't really know who was guilty of what there, but I felt that should be decided in a court of law.  They are also involving themselves in political issues.  I saw part of one of their videos where they were claiming to represent the people.  They don't represent me.  I represent myself and I don't do so anonymously.  I believe in individualism and not obeying the will of a collective.  That being said they have the right to voice their opinions as much as anyone else.  Other than that though, I don't spend a lot of time thinking about Anonymous.

No comments:

Post a Comment